Thank you for your interest in the coalition.
The ABC coalition works collaboratively toward the creation of a child allowance, or a guaranteed minimum income for children, that provides regular, meaningful assistance to families, promotes racial justice and equity, enjoys broad public support, and serves as the foundation for a more equitable and inclusive social support system.
Vision: We believe all children should have what they need to pursue their goals and achieve their full potential. That requires a society in which all families can afford the essentials their children need to grow and thrive.
Goals: Our goal is to be a coalition that is intersectional, intentional, and impactful. We believe a child allowance, or a guaranteed income for children, can advance racial and economic justice and provide families with children the regular support they need. To realize this vision, we believe people directly impacted and with lived experience should have a voice in the policy decisions that affect their families.
Read more about our mission, vision, and goals.
Please reach out to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
ABC Coalition Working Agreement
- We believe all children should have what they need to pursue their goals and achieve their full potential.
- We believe that to realize this vision for all children, the United States must establish a child allowance, or a guaranteed minimum income for children, that provides regular, meaningful assistance to families, promotes racial equity and justice, and includes every child who needs it.
- We believe that in order to advance racial equity, a child allowance must be straightforward and easy to access.
- We believe people directly impacted and with lived experience should have a voice in the development of policies that affect their families.
- Our focus is on establishing a permanent child allowance, which we define as a program providing regular payments for every child in America who needs it, regardless of immigration status, work status, family composition, living arrangement or any other contingency.
- Individual organizations will be invited to take positions on policy recommendations, legislative action and public statements. Each organization can decide whether to opt-in and sign on and lend their name, or opt out.
- Coalition strategy and partners’ deliberations are confidential, and final decisions will be kept confidential until there is an agreement to share the decision publicly.
- Active members will raise their disagreement openly within the confidentiality of the coalition, be transparent about divergent strategies, and take no action that directly undermines or sabotages the coalition’s work.
- Active Members agree to use the coalition’s topline guidance on messaging (as developed together), and to share relevant information (to the degree possible). When this is not possible, we will communicate with the full group clearly about why and when we agree not to act in ways that publicly harm the coalition’s messaging.
- We seek to coordinate with other related groups, coalitions, and campaigns at the national, state, or local level that are dedicated to the establishment of a permanent child allowance and other related policies.